Monday, October 13, 2008

The Waiting is Over: Part the Second

At approximately 1:46am Saturday, October 11, 2008, Stefanie and I had a conversation, the resolution of which ended with our taking a trip to the hospital where certified medical professionals confirmed our earlier discussion: Stefanie's water had in fact broke. Was broken. Got broked. Whatever.


We hung aroud in the delivery room for awhile. At 11:00am we turned on the big texas-OU Red River Shootout. About halftime, the doctor and nurse agreed that it was time to get down to business. Sometime early in the 3rd quarter, when Texas started to turn things around, at about 1pm, our son was born. Weston Vickers Leacock.





Incidentally, Texas won 45 to 35.

Really, there are few words required. So enjoy these photos.









How shall I repay the Lord
for all the good things he has done for me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation
and call upon the name of the Lord.
Psalm 116: 10-11

3 comments:

Unknown said...

He's got Rob's mouth!

Jane said...

I think he looks like his beautiful momma.

Jenna said...

Oh look at him- he is SO tiny! I love, love, LOVE newborns, they are so amazing. Congratulations you guys, he is so beautiful! I know you will enjoy and cherish every minute of him- there's not a better feeling in the world!

How long until you divulge what he'd be called, had be been a girl?