Monday, August 6, 2012

How to take care of your baby sister on vacation....

In July, we were lucky enough to get to spend a week-long vacation on St. George Island Florida with Nana, Poppa, Aunt Ashley and Uncle Travis.  Weston had a great time and often talks about it.

The following conversation took place at bedtime one night last week...

W: Mommy, when we are going to go to the beach?
Mommy: Probably not until next summer.
W: But I really really want it to be next summer
Mommy: Well, baby sister is going to come soon, so we'll have to wait until she gets big enough to go to the beach.
W: She has to get bigger to go to the beach?
Mommy: Yes.
W:  But will the crab pinch her?
Mommy: No, we won't let the crab pinch her. (we saw lots of sand crabs at the beach)
W: But I don't want my baby sister to get lost.
Mommy:  We won't get her get lost, we'll take care of her.
W: But I don't think baby sisters know how to swim.
Mommy: Right, we'll hold her, we won't let her swim
W: (laughing) I think when we give her to daddy, he will dunk baby sister under the water.

No comments: