Saturday, July 23, 2011

This is my question...

Weston has not yet mastered the concept of questions.
He frequently uses the phrases
"let me ask you a question"
-or-
"listen to my question"
-but-
what follows is not necessarily a question or IS a question that makes no sense at all.

Example:
(Saturday morning)
WV: This is my question. How can I build a train track if I don't want to?
Mommy: What is the answer?
WV: The answer is practice the game.

Another example:
(Dinner time)
Mommy: [Science chattering]
Daddy: [School blathering]
WV: [Interrupting] Listen to my question!
Mommy: What's your question?
WV: The question is... [a long declarative statement consisting of a string of non sequiturs including but not limited to: construction vehicles, garbage trucks, animals, dinosaurs, trains, cars, what happened at school today...]
Daddy: That's the question?
WV: Yeah.
Mommy: What's the answer?
WV: The answer is... Pteranodon!
Daddy: I wish I had the video camera...

1 comment: