At the Joy Mass at our former church in Dallas, we sometimes sang the song "We are marching in the light of God" and Weston seemed to really enjoy it. For some reason, it popped into my head the other day while playing with Weston and I started to sing it to him and show him how to march (his version is more of a stomp or brisk walk).
WHAT A MISTAKE. I have spent the past 2 days marching! To add to the fun, he will carry his rake around like a guitar as if he is leading some bizarre rake-guitar-marching parade. He knows the song but he can't really say "marching" so to tell me that the song he wants he justs walks in place (or kicks feet in place if he happens to be sitting/lying down). Tonight I played some FSU marching chiefs music and convinced him that this was also marching music - so at least now I get a break from singing! So if you have suggestions for other "marching music" bring 'em on!
Other current favorite songs are:
ABCs (said as if it's one word)
Bus (=Wheels on the Bus)
No comments:
Post a Comment