Friday, May 10, 2013

Conversations with Weston - April/May 2013

---
Reading Bible stories after dinner:
I love arks. They're my favorite kind of boat.

---
From backseat:  
it's 76
Mommy: 76 what?
Wv: 76 on my watch
---
From backseat:
Can you please turn off the radio? I need to tell you something.
Mommy: Yes?
A long time ago there were some giant birds that ate horses until they got "stinked up" and now they don't live anymore.
Mommy: What does "stinked up" mean?
Daddy: Extinct.
---
From backseat:
Sharks are mammals.
Mommy: No, sharks are fish. They have gills.
Oh. But dolphins and whales are mammals.
Mommy: Yes.
And rabbits, and deer, and mice, and people. You grew me in your tummy.
Mommy : Yes.
I grew you in my tummy.  [Laughing.]  Kids can't grow grown-ups. 

---

When Matsy was growing in your tummy, did the ambulance take you to the hospital?
No, Daddy took me to the hospital?
Did I go with you?
No, remember grandmother was at our house with you?
And after daddy took you did he race home?
No.
He just drove home?
No, he stayed at the hospital with me.
[fake crying] but i wanted to be with daddy because i love him.
I know. But when babies are born daddies like to be there to see them. 
But I wanted to see Matsy.
I know, and daddy came and got you and grandmother and brought you to the hospital.
And I got to see Matsy.
Yes. 

---

No comments: