Saturday, July 25, 2009

Amazing morning

My boy sometimes amazes me. This morning he was playing on the floor with a plastic book that has photos of family in it. I was sitting on the floor nearby enjoying my Saturday morning coffee while daddy was at church. The sunlight coming through the big window in the living room reflected off of the plastic book onto the wall, it caught his eye and he began to move the book and watch the light move around on the wall and ceiling. It was so beautiful that I gasped. We barely got to see his eyes open during the first week of his life and now he is seeing something new every day. I decided to write about it on the blog so I will always remember and appreciate the blessing I felt in that moment.

Of course, he broke the spell by realizing that he should just put the book in his mouth and chew on it!

1 comment:

Kristin B said...

How beautiful - thanks for sharing, Stef!